Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wolverine.....DISSAPOINTING!!!

Wolverine will not get a dime out of me this SUMMER!!

I am not a big fan of watching bootleg versions of a film.  I believe in watching the film in the theaters so that the hard workers of the films get paid.  Not the companies or the other people with million dollar checks, but the gaffers, grips, and other hard workers who get paid regular salaries and need that money.  But I saw some of the plot details of the film and I had to see it for myself.  So I was able to find it and watch it real quick.  Here is my review of Wolverine:

Let first start by saying that I am a big comic book reader, have been one since my teens and I read all about Wolverine and his origins from the Weapon X series to the Origin series; trust me when I say this: THIS MOVIE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS ACTUAL ORIGINS OF THE COMIC BOOK!!

This film adds a lot of mutants that have nothing to do with his origins or the Weapon X program itself.  Don't get me wrong it was nice to see Gambit in action, but they should have waited for another X-Men film to put him in instead of slapping him with Wolverine.

I will say this, If you have never read the comics before, never read comic books, or just don't care then this film is definitely for you.  It has good action sequences, nice story, and all the actors from Hugh Jackman to Liev Schreiber (Sabertooth).  But as a loyal comic book reader, I must say NO to this film and shame on 20th Century Fox for allowing this film to be made for it destroys the TRUE origin of Wolverine.  For those true comic book readers I say do not, I repeat DO NOT go to the movies and see this film to show the companies that they cannot screw with our comic book favorites and heroes.

In short, I rank this film as a stinker in comic book films along with HULK and Spider-Man 3!


[WARNING] - If you do not want to know what happens in the film, don't read further!

1st off, they put that Logan and Sabertooth in the film are brothers.  Excuse me for saying this, but are kidding me!  Those who know comics know that Logan never met Sabertooth till years later after the Weapon X program.  Then in the film you add all these mutants like Gambit, Cyclops, and the Blob.  All of these characters have nothing to do with Wolverine's origin or the Weapon X program.  

Want to know something funny?  In this film, since they put that Logan and Sabertooth are brothers and have known each other since the late 1800's, then why when they see each other in the X-Men film do they not know each other.  (Continuity error anyone?)

And trust me there is a lot more...










 

1 comment:

  1. Well, yeah. Seeing Cyclops in the trailer alone was a big enough "WTF?" moment for me. Since in the VERY LAST MOVIE THEY MADE they still hadn't met before...

    Whatever. I was going to hold this one for the dollar theater anyway. I'm saving up for two better looking movies: Star Trek and Terminator Salvation.

    Heck yes!

    ReplyDelete